Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If the online version would work at all that would be great.

I'd like it if I could open anything. Excel, pptt, and it would allow me to use it. It does nothing but freeze and stop in the middle. Basically expect only the basic use of this and even that is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop requiring feedback and other fields in the form

Stop requiring feedback and other fields in the form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve filter functionlaity

I would use Excel Online more if the filters worked the same way as in the Desktop version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Able to copy and paste photo onto Excel Online

Many users gave the feedback that they felt not friendly of using excel online as they feel difficulty to amend and paste the photo directly to Excel Online.
    Please help on the enhancement for Excel Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When using VLOOKUP, allow table columns to be referenced rather than individual cells

Currently in Excel Online you cannot reference table columns, only individual cells, making VLOOKUP functions difficult at best. The real answer is to put all of Excel 2016 into Excel Online so folks can share the document in real time and have multiple people working on it similar to Google Docs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. more updates on ms excel to lorn easy way to understanding to all

It well be do more updates on ms excel and easy way to understanding the people ,
    the better performance to give the people
    excel is most using the business ways that's way we do more on updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have

I have added two or more word in cells. and i have applied data validation.but i can not able to show second word during search.

I have attached screen shot for review.....
    for example if i type centers or business instead of call, the full sentence should show.
    please provide needful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. you milk the population for so much money every year . i should be able to duplicate a sheet with shapes .... catch up your production wif

you milk the population for so much money every year . i should be able to duplicate a sheet with shapes .... catch up your production with the revenue you steel

and even thou gh you MAKE US click ACCEPT terms and conditions it means when it costs us a lawyer $500 dollars to read it be fore we sign...... PROCESS to PROCESS to **** terms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Availability Offline

I love Excel over Google Sheets, but I love Google's offline options compare to Microsoft.

It would be great to have full availability offline to edit sheets without having to download an offline software to use. And automatic save whenever moving to a cell would be great as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

Can you give more specific steps that you’re trying to do – I’m not sure I follow the issue that you’re raising.

Thanks
    Dan [MS]

1 2 137 138 139 141 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base