Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add custom error bars to Charts in Excel Online

My students need to be able to add previously calculated error bars to column graphs (to make a bar graph of means +/- standard errors). Adding this to the online version will make it easier for groups to be able to collaborate in real-time using the online version. This would make Excel online beat Google Sheets hands down for me.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We will consider this in our future planning. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

2. Please add the abilty to copy charts from Excel online in order to paste into other apps

Hi, I have set up charts for data visualisation within Excel that I would like others to be able to use in their reports and presentations. Unfortunately Excel Online does not appear to allow you to copy a chart.

Is there a workaround (that doesn't mean the user opening in Excel desktop and thus locking the file) or could this be added please?

Thank you.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Accepting Votes  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it. Please keep voting to influence the feature priority.

Tamar [MSFT]

3. Add the ability to create Pivot Charts in Excel Online

Build the features that allow me to use PivotCharts online I am guessing this is on the Roadmap just putting it here since i do not see it listed.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PivotCharts are supported in Excel Online if they were previously created in the desktop app. We don’t currently support creating a new PivotChart in Excel Online. However, we’ll consider improving this in a future release.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

4. ability to add a trendline

I have created a scatterplot graph on from scratch on the online version of excel, and it seems that I can't add a trendline. Maybe we are able to edit existing ones, I'll have to look into that, but adding one here seems impossible for now.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Map Charts available in Excel Online

Make Map Charts charting feature available in Excel Online.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. form controls

Form controls for dynamic charts: #1 spinner control, #2 slider/scroll control. Adding form controls to spreadsheets online would practically close the gap to share analysis / scenario spreadsheets. Please add the spinner control (first priority) and secondly the slider / scroll

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

Could you further comment on the scenarios in which you would used these controls?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

7. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add / Edit charts online

One of those things that are badly missing online is the ability to add and edit charts in Word.
    In my opinion, add/edit charts is the simplest way to create compelling documents that look good and are easy to share/edit with anyone without going through Excel which some users a really not very much used to, especially at the C-level.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

9. Support creation/editing of data validation on excel online

Data validation support for excel online will help the publishing of interactive dashboards on sharepoint

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bar Color

You should be able to change the color of your bars on a bar graph. Like on Excel Online, you can't change your bars different colors.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

11. cell colors in excell online

I am somtimes using excell online and find it a little annoying that I can't color cells.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tab colors

Be able to change the tab colors at the bottom.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ability to create multiple versions of the same chart for a different variable

or, make statistical analysis easier
    or, take ideas from SAS JMP and Tableau

One of the tools for analysis is showing the same chart but for different sub-sets of the data. for example. a scatter chart...but then a scatter chart for each subgroup. (so, if you're looking at X, then also look at X for ages 0-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100) (and you end up with 4 charts all should the same thing except one for each subgroup)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this in our next round of planning for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

15. Please allow me to add a trend line in Excel online.

Please allow me to add a trend line in Excel online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't provide a warning on Pivot Chart refresh

Don't provide a warning on Pivot Chart refresh. I have a Pivot Chart which I right-click and press refresh, and I receive a warning that I need to be in a cell to perform a refresh.

The warning should not be displayed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good feedback. We’ll take this into consideration for our next planning phase. Please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

17. Add univariate scatterplots

For small sample sizes, it is better to show all the data. This is a movement in how data is being presented in the life sciences. Right now, it is hard to make this type of graph in Excel. There is a template someone made (http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002128) but it would be great to have it as an option in Excel in general (especially the online version which allows better real-time collaboration).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure I understand. I read through the article which speaks to the need for showing discrete data in the form of scatterplots, box plots, and histograms instead of bar and line graphs. We have always supported scatter charts in Excel and have recently added box plot and histogram in Excel 2016. Could you further clarify your request?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

18. Limitations/Data Analysis

Having the option to add data analysis tools, such as histograms is necessary. It would be nice to have ToolPak for Online Excel. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Graph Feature

I want to be able to manipulate graphs online to the same extent I can do so in excel. Currently to make a graph a have to open in excel instead of online and if I do anything your site seems "too complicated" it will no longer be available for work or viewing in the online browser.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make lables for charts work in excel online

When you hover over different points on a chart in Excel you can see the values of those points. This does not work with Excel online. Because of this I will often have to open the file in Excel as opposed to just using online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base