Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Row based Date stamp function capturing when data is changed in that row.

Provide an Excel function that date stamps a row when any change is made to data in that row (other than the date stamp column). This is exceptionally useful when maintaining membership data, inventory records etc.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CELL function added to online

In the desktop version of excel,

=MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,255)

is the only way to find the current sheet name. On Excel Online, the function CELL does not work.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to reference a cell in another sheet with a simple click (like the desktop version)

In the desktop version of excel, I can reference a cell from another sheet in my formula simply by clicking to that tab and cell. For example to make ='Sheet2'!A1 , I simply have to hit "=" and then click to the tab and cell I want in the formula.

In Excel Online, it is not as user friendly. In order to achieve that reference in a formula, I would need to type out the entire formula, in the process clicking back and forth to remember which cell I am referencing.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable VBA for Excel Online

Enable VBA for Excel Online. Others have suggested a scripting language like google sheets has (which is javascript). No, keep it VBA.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the time and date to be corrected or the time zone to be adjusted in Excel Online

Not so much an idea as a fix. MS should make it so you can correct your timezone (time and date) within Office Online so time and date related formulas are correct.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set range name & restrict to some specific user for edit

I have been using Google sheets and that gives the option to set range names and restrict each range with some specific shared user so that no other user could edit the range data. This feature does exists in MS Excel but Excelonline does not have the option to set range name and to restrict it. This seems very disappointing as I have to share sheets among multiple users with 'user allowed only' ranges & I am unable to convert my online sheets from Google to Microsoft. I am looking for this feature as I am using my Microsoft account…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Define Name for a range

Name a range in Excel Online and make available to use in formulas in other workbooks

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name management needed

Please port name management to Excel on the web, so that we can name tables and ranges and use the names in formulas.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Define named ranges.

Add ability to define named ranges on the web. Excel is useless to me without this. :-(

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. in normal Excel you can Ctrl+click on different cells and see the total or average of these cells ...... Excel Online only allows you to seq

In standard Excel you can Ctrl+click and select various cells at random and see the sum or average of these cell value. Online only allows sequential cell selection for this. Is this coming?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Insert/Embed object Excel Online.

I would like to be able to attach PDF files

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show formulas Excel 365

Excel 365 online not very useful without a show formulas method.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add more feature than google Excel onle doc -create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 20

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 2016 You are subscribed to this thread

Hello All,

My question is specific to Office 365 online excel 2016 version-

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel.

How to create an external reference between Office 365 online excel and online Word.

So my requirement is if I change cell value in one office online excel cell then it should updated all places ether in Office 365 online excel or in Office 365 online word (where…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While copying and paste excel sheet on online sheet, formulas are not reflecting in online sheet

While copying and paste excel sheet on online sheet, formulas are not reflecting in online sheet

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Array Formulas should be able to be calculated in Excel online.

Array Formulas should be able to be calculated online.

To recreate the Query function in Google Sheets requires the following formula in Excel:
    {=IFERROR(INDEX('General Ledger'!E$2:E$1000,SMALL(IF('General Ledger'!$C$2:$C$1000='102'!$B$1,ROW('General Ledger'!E$2:E$1000)-ROW('General Ledger'!E$2)+1),ROWS('General Ledger'!E$2:'General Ledger'!E2))),"")}

Already quite cumbersome when compared to Google Sheets:
    =QUERY('General Ledger'!A2:H , "Select A, B , E, F, G, H Where C =" & B1)

But when it doesn't even calculate in Excel online it's pointless as a Google Sheets replacement! I'm trying to build a basic accounting spreadsheet that can be used online that integrates with other online features I'm building.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy conditional formatting formulae

When using a formulae with row cell references in a conditional format copying the cell's format down should adjust the conditional formatting formulae's cell references accordingly to use the new row's cells unless I have the $ symbol.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Where is custom sort?

Would really like to have the custom sort feature on the online version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improving online Excel functions

Hi, i have been using Office 365, the issue with Excel online is that its functions and formulas are not working accurately. while i run sum function and selecting cells one and another so it does not select it, rather then select the whole range.

hope to see fixed this issue.

Regards,

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base