Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Row and column highlighter

Row and column targeting highlighter. I would love a feature that when I point or click on a cell, the entire row and column is highlighted with a
    color that I can choose from a pallet. This feature would confirm when entering values into a specific cell, that you can ensure you are working on the right row or column because often sheets are very large and making sure you enter a value into the right cell can be a problem especially after hours of staring at a spreadsheet with many values. This feature can of course be turned on…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File corrupt when editing excel online in Teams

This aren't a suggestion but a review on the edit of excel documents created in Teams and tried Editing. When tried editing the message is " File may be corrupt".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When an Excel spreadsheet is locked, the name of the person who has locked it does not always show up. Please fix

It appears that a recent change was made to display the name of the person who has locked an Excel spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the name does not always show. I still get the message "Someone else is editing ..." with no name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify user locking the file

If file is locked notify user

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Re-open Pivot Tables!

So sometimes people misclick and accidnetally close and lock pivot tables, and after that point they are completely useless for adding new information into. There should really be a way to reopen them as this is currently causing an information entry issue at my work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. User want to open there file anywhere.

i want to open my file anywhere. this feature has no browsing option to open in my local drive file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow option to switch off keeping cells in clipboard (and highlighted) in Excel

In previous versions of Excel, copied cells were in the clipboard for a limited time, which many found less helpful. This seems to have been changed - but I agree with the commentator in link below that it is really irritating to have the cells still highlighted (and in clipboard) after copy-paste has been completed.

Could we please have an option to disable this? That would please all of us!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msoother-mso_365hp/excel-2016-copied-cell-remains-annoyingly/37102e4a-56df-4264-8c65-0a84ba301236

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Developer Options Custom Ribbons

custom Ribbons on excel online, can't access developer options. cant develop excel sheet, need to build custom Spread sheets

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Chat Minimize when in snapped window

Setup:
    Windows 10, Chrome browser.

When I have a window snapped to the left or right of the monitor the Chat option is available, but I am unable to minimize the chat window without first going full screen. When the chat window is open it covers the toolbar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My request or idea is that in Excel online allowed to make different filters or temporary filters and that these are not visible to other us

My request or idea is that in Excel online allowed to make different filters or temporary filters and that these are not visible to other users who are working at the same time in the document. Thanks. Carlos Gonzalez.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need Clarity on merging cells

Dear Microsoft,

we need clarity on merging cells improve cells merging that very helpfull for us

thanq....

Regard
    mahesh.pomkam@outlook.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If a data query fails to refresh in Excel online, the cause should be identified.

The error message gives a link to a page that lists the possible causes, but why can't the error message just tell you what's causing YOUR query not to refresh? It would really speed up troubleshooting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copying and Pasting Formula

You should be able to copy data from one worksheet and paste it in a different one but bring along the formula with it i.e. currently it just copies and pastes the text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When you are not able to open large file, only providing the option to open in Excel, please also provide option to download the file.

When you are not able to open large files, provide and additional option to download the file along with the open in excel option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. diagonal line through cell

Make a way to create a diagonal border within a cell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In the cell with a Total, please highlight the cells that are being added from the list, not just the range of cells in the list.

I would like to see the cells highlighted that are included in a Total cell. As it is now, when I right click on the Total cell (the cell containing the total of cells in the list), it only shows a range of cells included.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. when it exceeds the 5 MB file size limit, why not to let user to download it via shared URL?

when it exceeds the 5 MB file size limit, why not to let user to download it via shared URL?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base