Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can we use ICONS in Excel. we have O365 subscription but unable to see the feature.

How can we use ICONS in Excel. we have O365 subscription but unable to see the feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to allow checking out an Excel file from the Web App itself

Need to allow checking out an Excel file from the Web App itself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel Data Group Need to Function in Protected sheet

In a Protected Work sheet, Data Groups of Columns & Rows is not working.

I like to suggest, We need to have Multi User & Multi Function password Protection based on user requirements

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. wHILE SOLVING interactive-exercise-7 OF EXCEL of Excel crash course for Finance, i was applying Control +R key to move same formula to right

While solving interactive-exercise-7 of Excel crash course for Finance, I was applying Control +R key to move same formula to the right, but it didn't work as the exercise was on a built-in web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hire usability experts to fix the shortcuts

Why no Shift+Backspace to delete whole word shortcut? Who decided that Shift+Space should act like Enter? The shortcuts are a stinking hot mess. Hire some ux experts to get some contemporary, usable shortcuts in play!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. i need this to allow Libre

I need this to allow Libre and Medtronic. It can not be as narrow to Dexcom G5 and Dexcom G6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get rid of Office for web. This web **** is just ridiculuse junk!!!

Get rid of Office for web. This web **** is just ridiculuse junk!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. text box

dfgghjmmmn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pre-set Sheet views available to all users. Ability to transfer same Sheet view filter settings to other files with same layout.

It would be practical to set up a number of standard sheet view in Excel Online that would be immediately available to any user accessing the file. To avoid having to set the sheet view for each individual file you create it would also be great if these sheet view setting could be transferred to new files with similiar lay-out/column headers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Could not be getting download excel file from SAP. Always trying to download directly to desktop excel. Which is being unlicensed

Still I could'not find any idea other than coping columns and paste a new spread sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Could not be getting download excel file from SAP. Always trying to download directly to desktop excel. Which is being unlicensed

Still I could'not find any idea other than coping columns and paste a new spread sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide colums or Rows based on user access

If I have shared a sheet with both customers and employees I need the ability to hide certain rows or columns so that only the employees are able to see internal sensitive information. We have shared documents that our customers interact with, and we are currently required to maintain two completely different sheets because there isn't a way for me to give access to the 1st 10 rows of information and exclude the 11 and 12 row which has information the customer should not see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. in my opinion

the problem in that when we install office in our pc and when we need to use shortcut it pop out and is convenient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide Developer Tools in Online Office 365

Kindly Provide Developer Tools in Online Excel 365. so that we can create our own Forms in Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When a user walks away and leaves themselves in a working document, if you are the document owner, you should be able to force them out.

If you are a document owner and a user leaves themselves in the document; you should be able to kick them out of the document so you can continue working on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow individual cell insert and delete

Currently, it's not allowed to just insert or delete individual cell, it has to be a whole row or column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base