Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications when file is updated

I would like to know when my OneDrive file that I have shared with someone is updated by that other person.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Accepting Votes  ·  14 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. excel survey - collect identity and some themes

Some requests for the Excel Survey tool
    1) automatically collect identity (if user logged in) and add option to only collect one response per logged-in user. The identity will be written to one of the columns but add option to decide whether the identity should be shown. Maybe we want an anonymous survey with only one response per person.

2) actually that suggests a second request - add an option to force the login so this can't be submitted anonymously

3) add some themes, color, icons, graphics. Quick stuff - which will allow competition with google forms.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a select all (CTRL-A) to Excel (2013) search box

Hi

While using Excel, I often do search (CTRL-F) for a reason or another, in that search box, I cannot do a simple CTRL-A to select the content of the text box.
    It is really annoying: for a reason or another, we might want to select the whole content of the text box. Moreover it works in Word (2013), at least in the Navigation/Search Panel.
    I was thinking it is a default feature of any text box, but at least it seems to not be for Excel 2013.
    Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save as CSV

It would be great if you could add "Save as CSV" file format to the Save As feature.

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Accepting Votes  ·  21 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Comments improvements

What improvements would you like to see for the Comments feature?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show formulas

This option would allow you to toggle seeing formulas in cells rather than their calculated values.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More keyboard shortcuts

If you vote for this one, let us know which keyboard shortcuts you'd like us to add!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 141 142 143 145 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base