Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Download or save excel online.

You can't "save-as" and you can't download when you open a file via an emailed link. Can't copy into desktop excel app as the data set it too large. The capability to export is there, just not accessible when it's online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow immediate editing via web and a simple toggle switch to lock dock on the same page.

Enable user to immediately edit a workbook or file via web and create a simple toggle switch to lock doc from changes while on same window. The preview should not be the default option when access a file, unless it's purposely locked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****.

Shove this online piece of up your collective *. Nothing seems to work correctly, or when it does, it doesn't the next time I try if for some unknown reason. Google was able to create collaborative apps and provide them for free. And now I can't even delete my own document from my own OneDrive location? This is inexcusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SEE THE LOCKING PERSON IN ONLINE SHARING

WHEN SOMEONE USES THE EXCEL VERSION FOR A SHARED DOCUMENT (INSTEAD OF THE ONLINE EXCEL VERSION), WHY DON'T WE SEE THE NAME OF THE LOCKING GROUP-MEMBER? SO THAT WE CAN WARN THEM ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. survey, excel sheet restructure

I have finally after a few modifications to finish a survey. The problem is now, that if I enter information into the survey, it's out of order. I should be able to either reset the excel sheet to update the columns or cut and paste.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I wish I could talk to the person editing my document whilst they are editing it.

If there was a small icon of the person editing my document and there was an option to chat with them which could appear on the side of the document. so while they are editing, I could ask them questions and get a response straightaway, that would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Option to move on a desired sheet

Hi, I have a problem to move on other sheets on excel as i have number of sheets in one file and when I have to find my desired sheet there is no search option as available in MS Office by right clicking before the first sheet and there are available all the tabs and I can also search by pressing any key. But there is no such option available on online excel. Kindly make an update at earliest.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please let me know who has the excel sheet checked out instead of just telling me it is checked out.

please let me know who has the excel sheet checked out instead of just telling me it is checked out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reading password protected files in online browser

When a user wants to view a password protected file (i.e. Excel file) in the browser they receive a message that asks if they want to "Edit in the browser?". With 2 options "Edit a Copy" or "Cancel". I have had a number of users who are confused by the "cancel" option. If that said "open read only view" that would be clearer. Instead users are creating editable copies in the same folder just to read the document

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Inverse of filter selection

I like the fact you can select multiple items in a filter, but sometimes I want to see one selection of items first, then see the remainder after. I'd like an "inverse filter" option to untick all the ticked items and tick all the blanks so I can view the remaining items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send notification to user who checked out the Excel. Better use Excel Online

Make user aware that working in Excel Online enables multiple users working/editing on the Excel file. Edit in Excel will lock the file.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. its not working b

make it work b

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can we please get working check boxes in excel online

it would be totally awesome if I created a doc in MS Excel and checkboxes showed would show up on the online version.

I manage room rentals and checkboxes are a fast way to manage payment. it looks nice on my desktop, but then I take it to the online veirseon.. they just get cut out. is there a way you could allow them to appear, even if they aren't usable.

Below is my document if you would like to see what i mean

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you please add sort range to Excel Online, It is something that is necessary to sorting data.

Can you please add sort range to Excel Online, It is something that is necessary to sorting data.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow pasting larger amounts of data into Excel Online

This 100k limit is very inconvenient and small. We are trying to migrate our users from Google Sheets to Excel Online and SharePoint. They regularly paste 4000+ lines of data at a time from Excel desktop to Google Sheets, and it works no problem.
    With Excel online they are going to have to break it down into selections of 500 or so. Very time consuming for what we are trying to do. How can we get this limit raised?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick pick filtering

Desktop excel has the unique set of values as a tickable list when you click the drop down on a table column. This is very useful, and a real timesave compared to using the "contains" etc options in the filter context menus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office suite is a tool from Microsoft, still Google sheets are better than online Excel Sheet, please work on it and make it upto the mark.

Office suite is a tool from Microsoft, still Google sheets are better than online Excel Sheet, please work on it and make it upto the mark.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow to change setting in excel in the online version

The default configuration for numbers are with dot (.), but some countries has by default the coma (,)
    Add simple data numbers in online version is easier if you allow this feature.
    BR

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add a search bar to look for something on a sheet

When looking for something on a sheet, would like to type it in a search bar and pull it up by name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base