Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master tab that shows all tabs in spreadsheet.

Create a master tab in the lower left corner of the spreadsheet that allows the user to view and select any tab in the spreadsheet without having to scroll through the entire spreadsheet. We often create massive spreadsheets and scrolling is cumbersome. [This function is in Google Spreadsheet and it has saved time so often.]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. zoom in and out ability

Its not available in the web based version. Which is very usefull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audit history

Since the workbook is accessed by multiple persons, allow for an audit history so changes made are documented. Helpful to track when errors made and additional training needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Worksheet grouping with expand/collapse feature

Similar to column/row grouping, with the expand/collapse functionality, but for worksheet tabs. This is a better way of organizing tabs than the alternatives (e.g., color coding groups of tabs, book-ending groups of tabs with section "header/footer" tabs)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to provide a link to a certain cell within online workbook.

Would be nice to be able to provide a link that goes directly to a certain cell within an online workbook. Ex. Need someone to approve a certain item in a large list of items within excel online workbook. Instead of them having to try and find item, link would take them directly to the correct cell and sheet within the workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Column sort specifically in Outlook's Excel preview

It would be great if a rudimentary sort could be added to the Excel preview of Outlook online.

As a user, I'd like to be able to preview a daily large Excel report from Outlook at a glance by seeing the first several rows. Because the report is large scrolling to the bottom is cumbersome and the top rows currently are not helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow zoom feature on mobile devices when previewing an excel file.

When previewing an excel file on my android phone I have to scroll to be able to view the entire document. There is a zoom feature if I edit the file but, I dont want to have to disable autosave and open the file just to preview. If I could zoom out while previewing it would be much more convenient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add a status bar feature in the online excel 2019

Please add a standard status bar on the bottom of the worksheet on hhte online excel 2019 version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want "Excel for the web" to be full screen mode.

click [Full Screen] to show the sheet on full screen.
    Because currently some rows (e.g. URL, browser's tags, Excel logo, file name .....) makes the sheet appearing size small.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HOW DO I DO SOMETHING

HOW DO I ADD A LINE TO SHOW WHAT I'
    VE JUST
    ENTERED>?\

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Same as a large share of Excel users

Bad concept to have Excel LIGHT on the cloud and frustrate the heck out of the desktop users. The interface is cute, but not effective.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. give option to covert "big file size" of excel file into .csv file and download button even if the file size exceed than 5 MB.

give option to covert "big file size" of excel file into .csv file and download button even if the file size exceed than 5 MB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I open 2 excel at the same time, I should not see the ribbon bar twice, just one

If I open 2 excel at the same time, I should not see the ribbon bar twice, just one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. should support row/column block feature by user

should support row/column block feature by user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One-click start, One-click end button in Excel Tracking sheet

Hi guys,
    thanks so much for the work u guys are actively doing behind the scenes :)
    But I'd like to suggest something very important. As u can see in the attachment, I use a tracking sheet we created in our office using Excel, and we created a lot of tabs at the bottom, so that we can identify certain countries we work with;

But since some time now, we noticed that there was a "one-click" button which was initially there to browse through the pages and get to the last Tab created, but now, that "one-click" button is no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shortcut for switching between worksheets - Online Excel

Is there any keyboard shortcut to switch from one worksheet to another for online excel sheet?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column"

Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column", not only the first column. Also, an option to "Freeze up to Selected Row".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base