Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make more mobile friendly. I cannot use the sort options on mobile.

I cannot access the sort feature on an Excel spreadsheet that was shared with me. The down arrows on the headers do not respond in Chrome, Brave, & Samsung browsers. Those are all I have on my phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Can't turn off the total row because formulas or names are referencing it"

When this error happens, you should tell the user where the references are so that they can remove them if they'd like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. show where merged cells are in spreadsheet

Highlight merged cells when data sort says some of the cells are merged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ideas panel is not there

The first one is online office. The second is of office offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Invert selection

When selecting filtering options, after pressing the down arrow on the right of the column header, a menu comes up with various filtering options and the list of values available in the column.
    Sometimes there are many values I can choose from, so selecting those few I need may take time. Often I want to see the opposite, I mean so far I looked at for those few selected, but now I want to have a look at all others. This requires that I invert the selection: everything that was selected so far should be unselected and everything that was…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Move special values to the top of the selection list

In desktop Excel when I use Auto filters and press the down arrow on the right of a column header to see the list of possible values I can filter for, it lists all different values available in that column. If the value set contains blanks, or various errors, like #N/A, #VALUE, etc, all these appear at the bottom of the list.
    I find it useful to move such values to the top of the list so I do not have to scroll to the bottom of the list to see if there are errors. Thus the list would look…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. text box

dfgghjmmmn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ninguna

inguna

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maintain filter preferences (sort order) by including all columns

As currently implemented, the 'Sort & Filter' (say: Sort Newest to Oldest) on a single column does not prompt the user to also sort the rest of the spreadsheet ('Expand the selection' to include all other adjacent columns) to maintain the integrity of the spreadsheet as the Excel for desktop application does.
    So data edited in Excel for the web can get easily corrupted (especially since changes are saved automatically without user input).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maintain filter preferences (sort order) by including all columns

As currently implemented, the 'Sort & Filter' (say: Sort Newest to Oldest) on a single column does not prompt the user to also sort the rest of the spreadsheet ('Expand the selection' to include all other adjacent columns) to maintain the integrity of the spreadsheet as the Excel for desktop application does.
    So data edited in Excel for the web can get easily corrupted (especially since changes are saved automatically without user input).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sorting in Pivot Table

I'd like to be able to sort alphabetically in Excel online. I'm cutting and pasting rows and columns - this is inefficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Index for excel sheets

Hi there, G sheets has got a vertical index at the bottom LH corner of the screen which gives a summary of all sheets available. This is very useful when you have numerous sheets to deal with

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is there a limit of entries in filter option on the online version?

In the Excel online version, I noticed that when data exeeds 1000 entries, the filter shows a warning message "NOT ALL ITEMS SHOWING".
    May MS expand this limit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is there a limit of entries in filter option on the online version?

In the Excel online version, I noticed that when data exeeds 1000 entries, the filter shows a warning message "NOT ALL ITEMS SHOWING".
    May MS expand this limit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base