Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Office Scripts to activate ActiveX objects, Forms

Enable Office Scripts to activate ActiveX objects, Forms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interface moderniseren

De interface is oubollig en achterhaald

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add office scripts to shapes in Excel Online

Assign script/Vba/macro to a shape in Excel online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.

Excel for web doesn’t support VBA or macros. There is however a new scripting option if you are looking to automate your solution. Office Scripts is a new offering we released in public preview earlier this year. It offers recording and scripting capabilities based on TypeScript/JavaScript languages. Please check out https://aka.ms/office-scripts for details.

Office Scripts doesn’t yet allow shape based triggers. It is something that is of interest to us. Could you please provide some details how how you wish to use this in Excel for web?

If you have any questions, please reply back to this email.

Thank you,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam@microsoft.com
    The Microsoft Team

4. Notes option is not available when using Excel in Teams. Could this please be an option.

Notes option is not available when using Excel in Teams only comments and then they show as a list down the side with the cell (e.g. D7) as ref. Not very useful when you have to scroll through comments. Would like to see note when hovering over cell. Could this please be an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add a feature for emojis to be inserted

add a insert fature for animal, face object emojis to be inserted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TEAM Files

Automatically, unlock a file that another team member has locked after 24 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow sharing of an excel file that is stored in MS Teams Group in a MS Team Meeting.

During a meeting, and click on Share, have an option to select a file that is in a MS Teams Group.

Example of current workaround: I added an excel file to our team's MS Team Group. We had a MS Teams Meeting and I could not share that file. I had to share my desktop, then bring up the MS Teams app, navigate to the file I have in the MS Teams Group, and open it and share it via sharing desktop. At that point, I was unable to see the meeting (chat, participants, options, etc). If I click on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. העיצוב המותנה לא עובד תקין

בטבלה גדולה שיש בה הרבה שורות, והרבה תנאים שמתעדכנת באופן שוטף. העיצוב המותנה יוצר תנאים חדשים אם מעתיקים טקסט ממקום למקום.
    זה גורם לשיכפול של התנאים של העיצוב המותנה, במקום שיחולו על הטבלה או על עמודה בטבלה.
    מצד שני לא ניתן לעדכן את הטווחים של התנאים ולתקן את הכיסוי באופן ידני.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Linking of excel sheets in multiple files using formulas in sharepoint.

Working in single file is a basic thing. However linking of multiple excel files through formulas are not present in sharepoint. For example VLOOKUP(), SUMIF(), MATCH() e.t.c.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Online Excel needs to have 'Name Manager as an option'

The online Excel version does not have the 'Name Manager' option, which I use frequently for Macros and VBScript. To get the features I need, I end up having to open the application on my desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Co-Authoring with Desktop App

Co-authoring with SharePoint Online and Excel desktop applications is a plague for years. This has to be the most common problem that keeps coming back up over and over. For whatever reason Excel files become read-only locked for all users accept for the last person that made an edit with the desktop application.

Microsoft you need to figure this issue out. Devise a way for the local office cache to resolve itself, or fix autosave, or the other myriad of options which is causing this ongoing conflict to keep happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I can't find my institution for Money in Excel. It is Star One Credit Union, and they allow aggregation. Please add Star One Credit Union.

I can't find my institution for Money in Excel. It is Star One Credit Union, and they allow aggregation. Please add Star One Credit Union.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to edit two different excel documents at the same time. Not copy and paste

I would like to be able to edit two different excel documents at the same time. Not copy and paste, but edit two or three cells in different
    I often have to find the document I have a cell open on and close it before I can open another excel document, or update a cell in another excel spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cell value interchange -

left interchange - the cell value should change to right cell and left cell value should change to right cell. likewise up and down cell value inter change.the value should be copied to other cell in the same row, and pasted cell value should go where we copied the value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to report spreadsheets

People are making use of Excel (and the rest of the online Office suite) to publicly harass others online and the inability to report these documents so they can be taken down is quite a concern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I need Change Forms Question Column Position In Excel . Because The Excel Question Order By is different than Forms

I need change Forms Question Column Position In Excel . Because The Excel Question Order By is different than Forms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 143 144
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base