Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fire the product managers asap

Fire the product managers asap. Apparently they don't have a clue how to run business. And I bet you no one will ever read this because MSFT its not investing in USERVOICE. And don't get me started on reliability issues. QA is dirty word for MSFT. The users are providing free QA. While MSFT keeps announcing dummy useless feature trying to get some market share. All of that is simply because of greed. We must feed too many of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter problem in protected sheet

When the sheet is protected, it allows you to remove the filters but it does not allow you to put the filters back or undo the filter removal. If it is a protected sheet, it shall not allow the reviewer even remove the set filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It needs to be able to send file to waypoint

It needs to be able to send file to waypoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel should remind for back up of data.

Access at all times cannot happen.So back up of data is required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dont ask me things

i dont know how to run your business

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Right Click option

When right click in excel - you should be able to have an option to move selected to another tab.
    I currently have to select - right click copy or clt+c and then click the tab to enter then select the next empty line and paste... I wish there was just an easier way...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. generic sheets from all office products in a single container to handle projects.

Would be nice to have the possibility to open sheets about any of the office products and not to be restricted to the excel ones. Actually I can open more "tabs" but I wanna have a ms word's sheet in the excel file. Ideal would be to have a generic container of sheets coming from the various office products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Range Objects for Flow (implement Range.CurrentRegion)

Only being able to use data that is in a table, or having to create a table in order to use that data, is incredibly restrictive and frustrating.

If we HAVE to use tables for Flow, then we really need a way to dynamically determine the range in order to create those tables.

Ideally, we could just use a JSON object instead that mimicked how Range objects function in VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There should be a option - ( if not there already) email all coowners by clicking - email to all (having access )

There should be a option - ( if not there already) email all coowners by clicking - email to all (having access )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update the wording on Paste Specials option for the new terminology of 'Comments' being a 'note' no longer a 'comment

In the Paste Specials box, suggest to update the wording on the 'Comments' option for the new terminology of 'Comments' being a 'note'. Or have both options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the webversion fully functional

This is the message I got from Microsoft: "This feature is not available in Excel for the web. If you have the Excel desktop application, you can use the Open in Excel button to open the workbook and print rows with column headers."

The only problem is that, even though I have installed Microsoft Office 365 on my PC about 7 times now, Office never works on my PC. I cannot even access my documents when the wifi is running a bit slow. I live in a 3rd world country so the internet is mostly slow here. I daily regret…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Macros Should Be Available For Excel Online

Macros should be available on Office Online. It is such an inconvenience when I am trying to do my school work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel online should have Filter View functionality like Google Drive

Without Filter View, collaborators are constantly seeing their view change as other collaborators filter on their work. This makes what could be a much needed file unusable for more than 2-3 users. In our team of 20+, users have to save local copies to even work with the file. At that point, there isn't much value and its more of a headache than anything. Private filter views where collaborator can work on the document without other users impeding their progress is absolutely necessary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to mail merge from a form spreadsheet to an online word document.

I would like to mail merge form responses into a printable word template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable the pinch to zoom feature when using the touch pad mouse

Enable the pinch to zoom feature when using the touch pad mouse

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel

Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel.

Generally we need to save the file on one-drive first and then go to location and then open the file. If it can save in attachments and open that would make things easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base