Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open in Microsoft Excel

It would be nice if when in Teams and click on "open in Microsoft Excel" that it would then actually open in Microsoft Excel. Very frustrating...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Suggest refactoring the entire Office 365 Suite. Bloated &slow w/ many functions that are counter productive to even simple tasks

Too numerous issues to list that would not be taken into consideration by MS designers even if the time was invested to list them all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Focus Cell/Column in Excel- similar to Outlook Online Week View - wider day

When I'm in Outlook Online, Week View- I like how the current Day is wider than the rest. I think a similar (optional) UI enhancement in Excel would be helpful. As you navigate and edit certain cells- have them appear larger and/or floating above the rest of the spreadsheet- to make it instantly findable onscreen. What are you editing - THIS CELL. This is similar to another UI suggestion I had for Excel- in searching for cells, or wherever the current selected cell is. It's not always readily apparent now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard would be nice, when trying to create "Multiple Consolidation Ranges" & create "Page Fields"

I bought a Chromebook and was expecting to use Microsoft Office excel,word, Powerpoint, etc. but to find out that this is a lite/soft version of the actual Microsoft Office, I should of bought a regular computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard would be nice, when trying to create "Multiple Consolidation Ranges" & create "Page Fields"

I bought a Chromebook and was expecting to use Microsoft Office excel,word, Powerpoint, etc. but to find out that this is a lite/soft version of the actual Microsoft Office, I should of bought a regular computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. open excel file direclty in excel if destop/Laptop support same

open excel file direclty in excel if destop/Laptop support same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. i want to know the exact path of open excel when it is open inside teams

i want to know the exact path of open excel when it is open inside teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Syncronise settings between desk top and browser

I use both desktop and browser versions and I am finding it a pain that my desktop customization is not available (even partly) in the browser version. Any chance of this changing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MAKE IT SO YOU CAN RE-OPEN XLMINER. YOU CLOSE IT BY ACCIDENT AND YOU CANT REOPEN IT, THEREFORE, FAILING THE ASSIGNMENT.

MAKE IT SO YOU CAN RE-OPEN XLMINER. YOU CLOSE IT BY ACCIDENT AND YOU CANT REOPEN IT, THEREFORE, FAILING THE ASSIGNMENT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A function that would calculate the molecular weight of chemical compounds would be helpful and maintain accuracy.

A function that would calculate the molecular weight of chemical compounds would be helpful and maintain accuracy in the spreadsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. xls groom cells with too many macro,that can solve tip tops scalars,the formula builders itself starting thinking why we used our brain to y

No comma ,no space all is ruled in ,let us try to give small space to breath like amazon,divert our mind to cell to forest, trees not to black gold,water not to geo metal,oxygen not to missiles,at least take care of ur core communication and waste pressurized atom,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. pin

Allow the user to pin a folder in Office 365, either their own or a shared folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Office online should work freely without username and password

Make office online the first choice for all users:
    Make it open files that are to be shared and open blank documents for fast working immediately without the need to register and create a username and password.

This way it would beat google docs !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for basic regional settings in files due to confusing copy/paste results

In countries with different regional settings than EN-US that have different decimal separators many numbers are pasted as text (non-intentionally). Please allow for some regional settings on Excel online to resolve this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Print rows with column headers on top of every page

From the Excel for web help section:

If a worksheet spans more than one page, you can print row and column headers or labels (also called print titles) on every page. For example, you can repeat the first row of column headers on all pages when you have large, complex worksheets.

This feature is not available in Excel for the web.

If you have the Excel desktop application, you can use the Open in Excel button to open the workbook and print rows with column headers.

Please add this feature for Excel for Web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base