Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel in Teams text alignment

Allow for vertical text alignment when veiwing Excel Docs in Teams. Currently if having a table/list using vertical text in an Excel it moves the text and makes the column unreadable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sample Script To Add New Record From Other Locations in Sheet

Sample Script To Add New Record From Other Locations in Sheet. I have a sheet used to fill out information and I want to use another sheet as a database and just add a new record to the next available Row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to hide an Office Script created in one Excel Online file from other Excel Online files

I would like the ability to hide an Office Script that I create in one Excel Online file from my other Excel Online files.

And, even more useful: while only scripts created within a file should display by default in that particular file's Script Gallery under the Automate tab, when we select "All My Scripts" (which displays my scripts in the Code Editor pane that opens at the right), it is here that I would like to see all Scripts from all of my Excel files, and from here be able to enable and disable whether a script is available…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improvements to Excel Web Embedding

Microsoft, you're missing a huge trick!

If you can significantly improve the ability of embedding Excel worksheets/ranges/tables into a website / javascript - with much better navigability across worksheets, it will significantly improve the way I can, and many others (including Governements, Tax Officials, etc.) can present their tutorials (with example calculations that can be interacted with) online.
    I've spent months trying to find a great solution - but I can't find anything, so end up using the clunky excel embed capabilities - which aren't very good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add data validation option on mobile(Android) excel.

Please add 'data validation option' on mobile(Android) excel. Desktop version excel has this feature but mobile version excel doesn't. Please add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When the excel online is shared to several people, another person will see the filtering make by another person.

It is great if everyone can make their own filter and edit on the range hide by another person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have "Date Axis" work the same on Pivot Charts as on standard charts

On regular charts selecting "Date Axis" will cause the chart to draw with the data correctly spaced (i.e., dates that are 7 days apart will be 7 spaces apart on the chart) even if there is no data. On Pivot Charts "Date Axis" behaves just like a "Text Axis" and non-adjacent dates are drawn adjacent to each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. more color in the color base choice

the color are basic on the version now
    pls could you apply more choice of color like pink etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen Sharing on Excel

When one of my teammates and myself are on the same excel worksheet, someone has full control of the sheet and the other person is just viewing what I am doing. So when I move to another sheet, the person's excel will automatically follow me where I go on the excel sheet. In a sense screen sharing/screen mirroring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel online workbook to open a default sheet whenever it is accessed by anyone

> User A opens the Excel Workbook and edit the Sheet 3, saves and closes the Workbook.
    > When user tries to open the same workbook again, he is redirected to Sheet 3 directly.
    > When user B tried to open the same workbook in a different machine, he also gets the same Sheet 3 as a default sheet when opened the workbook.
    > User B edits the Sheet 5, saved and closed workbook.
    > When user B trued to open the same workbook, then he is redirected to Sheet 5 and same redirection is done with user A and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable copy/cut/paste function for unlocked cells

Where most of the sheet is locked and protected have an option to disable copy/cut/paste function for the unlocked cells without using VBA since we are opening the file online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. full parity between Power Query from Power BI and Power Query Excel

Power BI always gets new M functions and features first. The Power Query editor in Excel however, lacks behind a lot. Many functions that are generally available in Power BI desktop never make it to Power Query Excel.

for example: the M function Html.Table has been available more that 2 years in Power BI desktop. But sadly still isn't supported in Excel 365.

Please make all functions and features of the Power Query editor in the free software "power BI desktop" also available in the paid subscription of "Excel 365".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable drawing in Excel for web

Drawing and viewing drawing in excel files works in iOS, Windows, MacOS, but not web or MS Teams. Would like to see it work in web and MS Teams also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add textboxes to Excel online

Add textboxes to Excel online
    It is ridiculous that you can't add a textbox or edit an existing textbox in the ****** online version.

Maybe you could ask Google to show you how?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show the function wizard box on Excel for Office 365 (Microsoft Teams)

When using standard desktop Excel a 'function wizard' dialogue box appears for, as an example, an IF function. It has three boxes where the user can input the query, then IF true, and IF false. As I am a teacher and use Microsoft Teams, it is unfortunate that this function disappears when pupils are completing Excel sheets online. It would be helpful if the Function Wizard Dialogue Box was in the online version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CANT find the formula bar

It does not appear.... is this a way to make us pay for the premium or desktop version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow user the ability to save a custom view, including the zoom setting and the exact cells in the x,y axis.

When we open the workbook we need to be able to get to a preset View instantly without scrolling, regardless of the view that is seen upon opening. This is different than the ability to save filtered views, although the two options should work together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please fix the "broken" wrapping format in Excel for the web. When cells with wrap format are updated in a table, the row height collapses.

Bug: since recent release in Excel for Web, cells with wrap format within a table collapse to default row height when edited. Row height only restored either via Ctrl+F5 page refresh, or toggle wrap format. Workaround is to set a default row height showing multiple lines, then the "collapse" is not such an issue if cell has a lot of text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement an analytic tool for Excel online

The analytic too for Excel client doesn’t work for Excel online. I would like you to implement an analytic tool for Excel online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add function to name a cell or range of cells

Please add support to name a cell or a range of cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 140 141
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base