Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We can use the shortuts in Excel desktop version whereas on online version we can't. Help us using keyboard shortcuts on online version.

We can use the shortuts in Excel desktop version whereas on online version we can't. Help us using keyboard shortcuts on online version as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Users to Edit Ranges should function in Excel Online

This functionality would be incredible for several things my office would like to implement if it worked online. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but it appears other users have been having the same issues. When I open an excel online file in the desktop app and give specific users permission to edit locked ranges it works when editing on my computer in the desktop app but not when editing on the web app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make comments filterable. It would be great to be able to only see "open" comments (i.e. filter out "resolved" comment threads).

Make comments filterable.

It would be great to be able to only see "open" comments (i.e. filter out "resolved" comment threads).

It would also be amazing to be able to filter comments by month that they were added (can you tell that I use the comments to trigger people to help with end of month commentary? Haha!).

Someone else has mentioned being able to filter based on person who is mentioned int eh comment and that would be excellent too.

Great feature that has helped me so far, I just think these changes could take it to the next level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need for multiple text colors in single cell. Not possible in browser

Need for multiple text colors in single cell. Not possible in browser

I am trying to track copy changes using color in an easily sharable document, but Excel doesn't offer this feature in the browser version. It works in a standalone doc. The convenience of sharing a linked doc is helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Office scripts on the Home/Personal version of Office 365

I need to learn Office/Excel scripts for work, so that I can update some older spreadsheets that are programmed with VBA. However I do not have the time at work. I would like to be able to play with this at home - I have a personal office 365 subscription, but cannot access the automate tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve other Microsoft features in MS TEAM

I created a chart in Excel, using the Draw feature, and uploaded it to MS TEAM. When team members went to view this file, the lines and arrows I created/drew were not visible in the TEAM application. Please allow this feature to be supported in MS TEAM so that additional steps, to share file(s), are not needed. Screenshots added for reference

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve other Microsoft features in MS TEAM

I created a chart in Excel, using the Draw feature, and uploaded it to MS TEAM. When team members went to view this file, the lines and arrows I created/drew were not visible in the TEAM application. Please allow this feature to be supported in MS TEAM so that additional steps, to share file(s), are not needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the autocorrect options in Excel for the web

We should be able to change the autocorrect options in Excel for the web. For instance I want to turn off the auto hyperlinking, but I am unable to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Office Scripts with Visual Studio Code

I want to use VS Code to Develop Office Scripts, like Office Add-ins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
    Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.
    We are in the process of developing VS Code Extension for Office Scripts. We are very curios to hear your feedback when we have the initial version ready for usability testing. Would you be interested in hearing from us on this matter? If so, please email me and I can reach out separately.

Regards,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam@microsoft.com

12. Configuration item allowing user to set whether excel opens in app as default (not company level)

Allow for settings Configuration item allowing user to set whether excel opens in app as default (not company level) as the company will always choose the preview version so this has to be at an individual user setting set up. Thx!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How can we use existing Macro / VB from Desktop in Online?

How can we use existing Macro / VB from Desktop in Online?
    Some automatic function is good.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include superscribed in excel app web

Include superscribed in excel app web

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get rid of it. Bring back the SAVE AS button.

I use the full function of Excel. Get rid of this abbreviated version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add page layout features

Add page layout features

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Edit on PivotTables Data Values

Currently it is not possible to edit the data on a pivottable in Web.
    There is a property enableDataValueEditing which nly works on Windows but not on Web Excel.

We have a requirement were the user makes edit on the pivot and then via the worksheet change event we update the data source (table on another sheet) and then refresh the PivotTableso so that the changes are preserved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My hole is waiting for the men who use it

My hole to be shared economically urgently and more. Hey I still have not received payment for all tops to get your cash advance loans to help pay for my hole to get by different men who call m my hole in the car park at work for a sport's swingers all on one and I don't have enough man power for a small fee to jerk the financials and more at this new for a sport's swingers all on one and I don't have enough to get some sleep and I don't have enough to get some of the

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excel spreadsheets dont allow full formula functionality in MS Teams

when using Excel in Teams, a version of an Excel spreadsheet with a formula built in to keep calculating the age of a case did not work when viewing/editing an Excel sheet in MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled. getting this error

Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base