Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. COULEURS PMS

J'aimerais pouvoir mettre des couleur PMS dans les cellules.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a documetn on sharepoint cloud to be moved from one library to anther wihtout the tedium of having to download it to desktop then reup

Allow a document shared with me on sharepoint cloud to be moved from that one library or conversation to anther wihtout the tedium of having to download it to desktop then reupload it to the new library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Freeze panes and Conditional formatting

You should give freeze panes to more col/rows and conditional formatting in excel online is not conditional!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't ask everytime I open desktop if I like EXCEL, Beginning to hate it

Don't ask everytime I open desktop if I like EXCEL, Beginning to hate it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to copy spreadsheets created with Excel for the Web back to microsoft office Excel

I had to open an ODS in Excel on line, as it wouldn't open on my normal microsoft office Excel. Now I would like to some how copy it back from the web version of Excel to my original Excel, but am having great difficulty. Even using one-drive doesn't seem to let me do it, though doing it the other way round is explained all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't open a file that is "View Only" in On-Line Excel. Have to copy the file using File Explorer to make a copy of the file.

We use files saved in SharePoint as "templates" for various things. The templates are set up as "View Only". If you try to save one to your one drive, it gives an error message or if you try to "Open in the desk top application", it gives an error. The only way I have been able to make a copy of a file like this is to use file explorer to copy the file from SharePoint to a different location, then open using the desk top application! Please fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When opening in browser, have a way to shut off this message. It is Very annoying every time.

When opening in browser, have a way to shut off this message. It is Very annoying every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I AM JOSEPHINE HAVE A SIGN IN OPTION DANG IT

the thing wont let me edit my own workbook. DEGAETANO, JOSEPHINE has locked this file, it says. I AM JOSEPHINE HAVE A SIGN IN OPTION DANG IT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to be able to right click and fill a cell with a color

I would like to be able to right click and fill a selected cell with a color. I am currently having to select the desired cell and then go to the header block to select the color fill icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. QR Code for scanning the excel and copy to mobile

QR code for each excel which will help to move the sheet effortlessly from one device to another without attaching with email which saves lots of space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Voice command for performing excel functions.

Add a voice command feature to enable Excel web to write/perform standard actions in the cells while I speak . This will have added advantage for web users to make excel much easier to use.

For example If I say add Cell A1 and A2 and give me the result in A3. Excel should be able to perform this action with writing formula in A3.

or create a pivot table from my data table ABC in new tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copying Visuals from Excel to web it just copy table not the visual please make it compatible same as we have feature in Outlook Client

Copying Visuals from Excel to web it just copy table not the visual please make it compatible same as we have feature in Outlook Client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. excel

I had a read only version of Excel up from Teams. I tried to edit the workbook in teams and it informed me I had the workbook locked even though I had a read only version of it opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. online excel zoom

online zoom for excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Excel Desktop & Online

Excel Desktop & Online should work seamlessly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I need to be able to imbed a link to the original OneDrive document so that when the original is updated, the OneNote imbedded vers. updates

I need to be able to imbed a link to the original OneDrive document so that when the original is updated, the OneNote imbedded vers. updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base