Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the webversion fully functional

This is the message I got from Microsoft: "This feature is not available in Excel for the web. If you have the Excel desktop application, you can use the Open in Excel button to open the workbook and print rows with column headers."

The only problem is that, even though I have installed Microsoft Office 365 on my PC about 7 times now, Office never works on my PC. I cannot even access my documents when the wifi is running a bit slow. I live in a 3rd world country so the internet is mostly slow here. I daily regret…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Table Name

I think Excel online can customize table name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Font colour and type change within cells

This is regarding the font colour and type change between the sentences within single cell on Excel online. Please find the attachment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow full use of excel features on the online version.

The one drive excel does not have the full features of excel and so I cant use it for my Intro to excel class which is frustrating. Please allow the full version from Online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The "Trust Center" should allow one to enable content from from the internet to be consistenly entered into Excel 2019 as in the 2010.

The "Trust Center" should allow one to enable content from from the internet to be consistenly imported into Excel 2019 as in the 2010 version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the online and desktop versions perform the same way

Make the online and desktop versions perform the same way

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel Desktop & Online

Excel Desktop & Online should work seamlessly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include the shortcuts Ctrl Insert to copy & Shift Insert for pasting.

Having these shortcuts will allow left handers to have a more comfortable experience. This is because left handers will be able to keep their right hand more to the right of the keyboard. For right handers Ctrl C and Ctrl V is more comfortable for right handers because there left hand is more to the right of the keyboard, than using Ctrl Insert and Shift Insert. So please consider these shortcuts for making a more comfortable experience for us left handers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Manage Rules under Conditional Formatting

Add the ability to manage multiple conditional formatting rules in the web client, similar to desktop. Currently, the only workaround is to setup multiple rules in the desktop client and copy-paste the cells into a web-hosted document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve excel online error for file > 5mb

The error message in Excel online for file > 5 MB gives optoin to open in desktop or cancel.

Add option to download the file. Most of the time Open in desktop does not work for me, so I firsrt have to download, then open in desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start from Scratch

It's becoming more and more of a joke. You should have different levels of the application. You are trying to do too much in one kitchen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. put the +/- buttons for zoom level back.

put the +/- buttons for zoom level back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MAKE IT WORK

THIS IS THE WORST PROGRAM EVER

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If Microsoft love Linux, bring Office to Linux.

Microsoft <3 Linux
    At least that's what they say.

People will trust them when they build office for Linux platforms.

• Send from Linux.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If not present I suggest modification to allow for movement of cursor diagonally and not only horizontally or vertically

If not present, I suggest modification to allow for movement of cursor diagonally and not only horizontally or vertically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Online Apps in IE - Not a good idea

We're forced to use Internet Explorer. Despite of the fact, that the new SharePoint is just incredibly slow responding (and this is definitely not due to a slow PC or internet connection), the Office online apps in Internet Explorer are a disease to use. Plus, we also have to use Teams. The apps in Teams differ to the Desktop apps, differ to the online apps slightly. I have Teams in German, but writing Danish and English (god ****** that spell checking... wait, which one?) and all other desktop apps are in English, but suddenly the Teams Office apps is in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How about when I download the Excel file you make don't have the spreadsheet appear upside-down and in a mirror image. It would be much mor

Excel files shouldn't open upside down and mirror image! Crazy idea, I know. But I'm not dyslexic enough to work on mirror image spreadsheets - just not a talent of mine!

Also - how about a Save As function that would save the document? I know you have better ideas than I do about what to do with my documents, but please just let me be me!

Overall rating of Office 365 at this point is 0 stars out of 5. You people are failing. Completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for vertical fonts in Excel spreadsheets using Excel Online app

Currently clients are experiencing formating errors when creating a spreadsheet with vertical fonts using Excel Desktop application. When opening spreadsheet with Excel Online the vertical fonts are shown as horizontal fonts impacting on user satisfaction and experience. This is commonly an issue for customers saving a document in a SharePoint document library where the spreadsheet can be opened using Excel Online and / or the Excel desktop app. This is currently an Excel Online limitation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Excel Online App to be default app for opening excel files online and offline

Thanks Microsoft for providing Excel Online app . Wish this app allows to create and edit files as the default app for users who don't have excel full application.

This will allow users to use Excel Online as default app in windows and whoever wishes to have more functionality can choose (and will choose) Office 365 subscription or buy Office 2019 .

Allowing this feature will be benefitted by Windows Desktop Users i increase the Office Online apps userbase subsequently may subscribe for Office 365 plans

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base