Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password-protected Excel Workbooks on OneDrive

Password protected spreadsheets do not allow them to be opened again on One Drive. No prompt to enter password...

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix the scroll inactive windows

Excel is not obeying the "Scroll inactive window when I hover on it" feature. You said if was fixed and marked it completed. IT IS NOT FIXED

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have request dates in this forum and complete dates anticipated

Have request dates in this forum and complete dates anticipated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel spreadsheets dont allow full formula functionality in MS Teams

when using Excel in Teams, a version of an Excel spreadsheet with a formula built in to keep calculating the age of a case did not work when viewing/editing an Excel sheet in MS Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled. getting this error

Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. if a file size exceed the allowed there should be an option to download open the file locally

if a file size exceed the allowed there should be an option to download open the file locally

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Paste Special was working in Excel on my old iPad but does not work on new iPad I have been using Office 365 on my iPad 4 GEN for several ye

I have been using Office 365 on my iPad 4 GEN for several years. The paste special on this iPad works giving me four options: Paste, Paste Values, Paste Formats and Paste Formulas.

This function also works on my Android Samsung Galaxy S6 in the same way.

I have now installed Office 365 (Excel and Word) on my new 7 GEN iPad. But when I click on Paste Special then nothing happens. There is no other way of copying formats, formulas and values from one cell to another.

Spent more than an hour with Microsoft Support but no avail. She…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I locked a file. I tired to open it in edit. It tells me I can't as somebody else locked it. I am that somebody else, why cannot edit it?

If I lock a file I should be the ONLY one able to edit it until it is locked. Instead the system prevents me from editing it, saying the file is locked by somebody else. I am that somebody else who locked the file, I should be allowed to edit it. I should be the ONLY one able to edit it until it's locked, actually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When something doesn't work and you provide a suggestion for how to fix it also provide a button that just does it.

Not sure this needs much more explanation.

Provide a solution that just works.

Call the button JFDI (Just ******* Do It)

An explanation of exactly what's wrong and how to fix it is FA use to me. By the time I've closed the error message I've forgotten what it said

BTW
    I DON'T AGREE TO YOU STORING ANY OF MY INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Co-Authoring with Desktop App

Co-authoring with SharePoint Online and Excel desktop applications is a plague for years. This has to be the most common problem that keeps coming back up over and over. For whatever reason Excel files become read-only locked for all users accept for the last person that made an edit with the desktop application.

Microsoft you need to figure this issue out. Devise a way for the local office cache to resolve itself, or fix autosave, or the other myriad of options which is causing this ongoing conflict to keep happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am not able to hide and unhide Excel worksheets within a workbook containing multiple worksheets. Please advise. Thank you

Hi, I am not able to hide and unhide Excel worksheets within a workbook containing multiple worksheets. Please advise. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stop requiring a password to see a shared document!

Stop requiring a password to see a shared Excel document!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This warning is not helpful

"To prevent possible loss of data, you cannot shift nonblank cells off of the worksheet. Select another location in which to insert new cells, or delete data from the end of your worksheet."

Please provide more detail as to how to fix this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. once done editing one cannot easily get out of the file. we're still inside with no option to "EXIT"

people don't see exit and they close the browser but are actually still in the file, locking the file from being deleted. there needs to be a clear "EXIT" sign for people to get out of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base