Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tab from worksheet within a Workbook

There was a way to tab from one worksheet to another within the same workbook. What happened to that command

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sharing using a browser is great but limited.

I'd like to be able to view the document in multiple browsers so i can see multiple tabs of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whole word search

Excel does not have the ability to search for whole words. I can search with Match Case or Match Entire Cell Content, but not for a whole word. For example, if I want to search for the word 'concur' it will also find 'concurrent'. To my knowledge, there is no way to exclude 'concurrent' from the search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Crash when open Excel on One Drive

Crash when open Excel on One Drive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Contrasting color for slider bar at the bottom of the worksheets

My worksheet comes in too wide to easily view; have to adjust the visible portion using the slider bar at the bottom of the screen. However, that's about the same color as the background-makes it harder to grab the "active section". Suggest you make the active section (that you need to select w/mouse) a contrast color so it stands out better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Accessibility Mode for Excel as it is in Word

The search in accessibility mode is much easier and it will save a lot of time. It can be turned on and off with a combination of keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filtras

Manau reiktų leisti vartotojams filtruoti lentelę ERP faile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add the resize function to excel, similar to Word

Provide users the ability to easily resize their excel file like they are able to do in on-line Word

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel

Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel.

Generally we need to save the file on one-drive first and then go to location and then open the file. If it can save in attachments and open that would make things easy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. stop with the prompts

How about this: if the web page is open in my browser, i'm using it. Stop giving me popups I have to click asking me if I'm still using it. im at work having to refer to my workbook for hours on end,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow both fixed rows & fixed columns at the same time

Currently the user has the option of choosing a fixed row or a fixed column, but not both. Would be nice to be able to freeze 1st row & 1st column at least.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel online doesn't have go to special features

Excel online should have "go to special" features

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keystroke To Switch Tabs

Would like a keyboard-shortcut to move from tab to tab. Currently, mouse is the only way.

I suggest CONTROL-SHIFT-PAGEDOWN, since CONTROL-PAGEDOWN is already used by web-browser tabs.

thx

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please allow user to open multiple excel windows in teams

Please allow user to open Mutliple windows in Teams while referring to multiple files/Excel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Nested Tables in a Single Cell

Some of the online spreadsheet tools have the ability to nest sheets inside cells which opens up a lot more flexibility at creating groups of information together.

I would like it If you can click on a link within the cell which would open up a table which can have more information that would be directly linked.

Currently you can do this with links to other sheets but if there is a lots of links then there will be a lot of sheets. Maybe even thousands +. So using sheets would be difficult unless there was a better way at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If the online version would work at all that would be great.

I'd like it if I could open anything. Excel, pptt, and it would allow me to use it. It does nothing but freeze and stop in the middle. Basically expect only the basic use of this and even that is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve filter functionlaity

I would use Excel Online more if the filters worked the same way as in the Desktop version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base