Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To add Hard Drive options in Office Online

I think it will be better if added a hard disk drive options which can show the saving documents options like offline ms office's .
    It just only shows one drive option and download to pc option ....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Support for Password Protected Workbooks

Please add support for opening password protected workbooks in Excel online. At present it means you have to drop to using the desktop version.

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Accepting Votes  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it. Please keep voting to influence the feature priority.

Tamar [MSFT]

5. stacked worksheet tabs

We are currently experiencing a bug in which the worksheet tabs within excel online are stacked. Instead of just being one row, it instead gives 4 rows of tabs. I have an image but do not see a place to upload the image. We use it as a schedule and having access to many days at a time is quite beneficial.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a link to return to the SharePoint library the file was opened from.

When opened from a SharePoint library users don't know how to get back to the library. Sure, the back button works but a bit of navigation is nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Split view

It'd be really nice to be able to enable split view while working on my docs online. This way I'll be able to view two parts of the work sheet at one time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Real time changes when viewing a file

I have a excel online file, which I update regularly, it's stored on Onedrive. I update it daily - sometimes, twice a day. I have sent the view only link to my friends, they opened it in IE, Opera, Chrome, etc. My suggestion is to make it dyinamic. What I mean, if I change something on my end (excel online), they see the updated version in real time, without needing to manually refresh page each time.

My friends cannot edit document and not all of them have Microsoft account.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to for Find dialog to find results across the entire workbook

Can only search up or down. Need to be able to search whole workbook like in excel for desktop. Would really love to see this fixed!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teacher/instructor

I am trying to assess students work I need be able to see formulas and functions used in the cell with out downloading the Excel worksheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to Zoom in/out a workbook

Add the ability to zoom a workbook in the web browser, without zooming the entire browser window.

(2015-11-05 Dan [MS] - updated idea title and description to be clearer.)

1,426 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

253 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for all of your comments and votes supporting this suggestion.
    We are now in the final planning stages towards starting the development of application zoom in the web version of Excel.
    We’ll make sure to share more information and updates as we progress.

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base