Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. online excel to support zoom in and zoom out tables

online excel to support zoom in and zoom out tables

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the zoom features

Add the zoom features cells data

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the zoom features

Add the zoom features cells data

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add a zoom icon for excel online

Add a zoom feature for excel online

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide an option to disable Excel Online and default to desktop version

Excel Online continues to disappoint new users and is hampering adoption of both SharePoint and Teams. Even if the library and site collection are set to "Open in client application", every Excel file that isn’t opened directly form the library in SharePoint or files tab in Teams, opens in the garbage online version, then has to be change to desktop, then user has to close the useless window of the online version.

There is no option to open in the desktop version for a file attached to a planner task embedded in Teams, so then it is either jump through…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. zoom features

add feature to zoom in/out documents/workbook

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow both fixed rows & fixed columns at the same time

Currently the user has the option of choosing a fixed row or a fixed column, but not both. Would be nice to be able to freeze 1st row & 1st column at least.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zoom level slider

Need the ability to zoom in Excel online.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Zoom % should be actual

The zoom % in Excel online is always 100%. It would be good to load the file with the actual view size saved in the file. Secondly, there is no zoom option available in the screen. We have to use the browser zoom option to do the same.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel

Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel.

Generally we need to save the file on one-drive first and then go to location and then open the file. If it can save in attachments and open that would make things easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need style pattern in filling cells

style pattern in filling cells is not visible in Excel Online. It's a problem

We need to access options format cells (number / alignment / font / border / fill / protection)

More features online !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zoom for web editing

I often use Excel for my everyday needs. On my desktop or on the web it's been an amazing tool. However, my tables and graphs often take up substantial space and I can't always see them with out using my browser's zoom. The problem with that is that using my browsers zoom makes using the tools of Excel nearly impossible to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. cursor visibility

Please improve the online edition for cursor visibility? We still have a poorly visible cursor (green and has no editable options) in Office Excel 365 due to the restrictions on not allowing Windows schemes it appears. It may seem not to be a problem when looking at a simple sheet. But for very large complex sheet with colour this is major issue. This is a problem for partial colour blindness, and especially where the cursor must be used on coloured sheets. No contrasting colour is applied. Can we have an option to have -
    1). A larger cell cursor line…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. stop with the prompts

How about this: if the web page is open in my browser, i'm using it. Stop giving me popups I have to click asking me if I'm still using it. im at work having to refer to my workbook for hours on end,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel online doesn't have go to special features

Excel online should have "go to special" features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keystroke To Switch Tabs

Would like a keyboard-shortcut to move from tab to tab. Currently, mouse is the only way.

I suggest CONTROL-SHIFT-PAGEDOWN, since CONTROL-PAGEDOWN is already used by web-browser tabs.

thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please allow user to open multiple excel windows in teams

Please allow user to open Mutliple windows in Teams while referring to multiple files/Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Nested Tables in a Single Cell

Some of the online spreadsheet tools have the ability to nest sheets inside cells which opens up a lot more flexibility at creating groups of information together.

I would like it If you can click on a link within the cell which would open up a table which can have more information that would be directly linked.

Currently you can do this with links to other sheets but if there is a lots of links then there will be a lot of sheets. Maybe even thousands +. So using sheets would be difficult unless there was a better way at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base