Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add 'Upload File From Computer' Option

For the Online Excel, it would be nice to be able to upload a file to cloud storage and cloud editing, from a computer that doesn't have OneDrive capabilities (Windows 7 and older). This would be especially useful in situations where you have to work on a file on a non-personal computer, from a flash drive. If the file could be opened in Excel Online and then saved to OneDrive through Excel Online that would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open a copy of a locked file

When I try to open a file that another user is accessing in desktop Excel, I get an error because the file is locked. If real-time coauthoring isn't supported on the desktop, it would be great of Excel Online would give me the option to open and edit a copy of the original so that the files could be combined later.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Sharepoint Filenames in URL the same as the path!

There is a an obvious way to link to files on sharepoint. https:/.company.sharepoint.com/SITE/Folder1/Folder2/Filename
    where an special characters are replaced. Instead the sharepoint URL's are crazy long and complicated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We don’t understand the title of your idea, and there’s no description. Can you make the title more clear and add a description?

Thanks,
    Dan [MS]

5. Add Support for Box.com to open and save too

Add Support for Box.com to open and save too
    thanks
    Joe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. clear "recent documents" list option

I want to be able to clear the "recent documents" list that pops up when I click on "Open" link. I noticed that even deleted OneDrive document files are still on the list. If it's not automatically recognized by the system, then the user should be able to delete the name of the file on the list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi E,

You can do this already today, though you have to do it from within Windows Excel (so I’m leaving the idea open).

To do it:

• if you just want to remove one document – right click on the document in the MRU and choose “Remove from List”
    • if you want to remove all documents, follow the instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/313454

Hope that helps,
    Dan [MS]

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base