Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to highlight pivot table for display as a web part

Identify a pivot table as a range which means that it can display on an imbedded page depending on the resulting pivot table refresh

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple comment authors per cell.

When copying one cell to another it retains comments but only allows one comment author.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Too easy to lose an "un-posted" comment if you accidentally click away.

In Excel Online, you can right-click Insert Comment - the pane on right appears. You enter your comment only to accidentally click to say another cell and you lose the comment (as Post was not clicked). Maybe some sort of warning would be good?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide embed code for excel interactive dashboard

Provide embed code. I made interactive dashboard with excel. this there ways to embed this to website or lms?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Collaboration needed

When working with multiple people, we should have the option to send all of them or specific person, the notification via sheet itself to let them know it has been updated along with the ability to send annotation about it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an Embedding Configurator for Office 365 / SharePoint Online, like the one on OneDrive

In Excel Online on OneDrive, you can choose File > Embed, and you get a nice dialog that let's you choose the part of the workbook you want to embed, and a bunch of other options and then it will generate an embed code for you.

But, if the file is stored in Office 365 / OneDrive for Business / SharePoint Online, there is no "Embed" option on the File menu. There should be, please add it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add "Saved" feature on Excel online

Hi Microsoft,
    Excel online is great tool to maintain my productivity at public computers as I stored all my files under Onedrive.
    But, whenever I edit a doc/xls, I am unsure that my editing is saved. Sometimes and at many locations, I have very poor network connection.
    You have added "Saved" feature in Excel preview for windows 10. Can you please add it to Excel online as well? Thanks

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base