Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how do you add a sheet to exel

there is no plus sign

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way to increase the sixe limit of excel files from 30mb to more?

Can we increase the size to more than 30MB for users to collaborate on excel online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. i need to download the file

i need to download the file, i don't have the option to download the file that im working, just said that cannot open files bigger than Mb

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. i cant open this file

i cant open this file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make excel less trash

excel is trash and is awful to use for homework and school

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recovery option in excel online,

Provide an option to recover the files which got corrupted

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you are not able to open large file, only providing the option to open in Excel, please also provide option to download the file.

When you are not able to open large files, provide and additional option to download the file along with the open in excel option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Your session has exceeded its limits and has been closed" is unclear language, articulate what "the limit" is and how it's exceded

"Your session has exceeded its limits and has been closed"

Error Id: d5beba95-ab91-4d03-b643-f81fb062e0c8, 2018-06-13 15:57:51Z

This error message don't clearly articulate what the user did wrong or how to avoid doing it again. A more detailed message, or one that uses clear language to define what "exceeded its limits" even means, would provide users with a way to avoid getting this error, over and over, as I have.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Duplicate sheet with images/shapes/charts

I am unable to duplicate the sheet having (Images/Shapes/Charts) kindly allow to duplicate the sheet having the above said in excel online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. control the opening mode (offline) with sharepoint shortcut pointing at excel file (now enforce online)

in a document library, you can enforce the use of client application. so excel does open in excel offline. when creating a shortcut to file, it open online anyway.

I would like to be able to 'ban' online cause we use some project file maintained by lots of different people and i've noticed several cases of data loss due to version being ovewritten.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide options to open Excel when it cannot be opened on Browser

If an excel file cannot be opened for various reason on the browser, an option should be given to the user to open it on the desktop/client.

E.g. I am getting an error "The requested range does not exist in the sheet"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy

I can´t copy all my data and paste in other program. send a message that is to large

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give an option of specific excel files to be opened in the desktop version instead of excel online

Currently Excel files that have links to other Excel files in SharePoint will not open in Excel Online, if the default in SharePoint is set to open excel is Excel online then an error is given. There needs to be an option to change the default application specific excel files are opened rather than global setting.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If a data query fails to refresh in Excel online, the cause should be identified.

The error message gives a link to a page that lists the possible causes, but why can't the error message just tell you what's causing YOUR query not to refresh? It would really speed up troubleshooting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If the file is greater than 30 MB you can give us options to download.

If the file is greater than 30 MB you should give US option to download,
    It's no necessary that user has MS-Office downloaded at that time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. File corrupt when editing excel online in Teams

This aren't a suggestion but a review on the edit of excel documents created in Teams and tried Editing. When tried editing the message is " File may be corrupt".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LET ME EDIT

LET ME EDIT

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable automatic query refresh when opening Excel online

As you state in your error message, "data refresh"..."that uses secure external data connections to on-premises servers.."will probably not work in Office 365". It doesn't. This is an obstacle to online collaboration where a developer creates an auto-updating Excel file with pivot tables that refresh on open using secure connections to SQL server for an end user who needs this information on their portable device. Instead of forcing the Excel Online user to go through the error messages and warnings, why not offer the option (checkbox on error message?) to turn off refresh in Excel Online, while maintaining it for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix spread excel

when I update spread sheet and close it out completely they try to open master copy then it shouldn't tell me that I have it locked when I triple checked and don't even have any excel programs open. please fix this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base