Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Chromium Edge issue. Wipes out entry as typing in Excel Online. This appears to be related to shift key usage.

Chromium Edge issue. Wipes out entry as typing in Excel Online. This appears to be related to shift key usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excel editing limitation within MS Teams (character length limit of 218 to open in the app)

Viewing and reviewing of excel file from MS Teams is okay. However, editing of excel is better done in the app, rather than within MS Teams, which is not handy and lacks a number of editing features. The character length limitations needs to be expanded for Excel app. In fact one thing I don't understand is that how come MS Word can open in the app from MS Teams, while not MS Excel, even though both have similar file length of characters. This needs fixing. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Very Slow Report

This report is too big.

Each TL should have their own report with their team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make it work

First: Unableto modify file
    Second: Trying to open excel on laptop, nothing happens despite logging ina and all. No warning, no explanation, nothing ;-(
    third: I don't like exposing my emailaddress, to help you guys. this is last time, you should just make it work and not require me to tell you...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Download too big

IF an excel sheet is too big to display. Then display a download link

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. stick into thick fat ms a s s

that would be the best

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ALLOW TO OPEN ONLINE FILES MORE THAN 5MB IT WILL BE HELPFULL

I WORK WITH DATABASE OF PRODUCTS AND ON THE GO IT WILL BE HELPFULL

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When something doesn't work and you provide a suggestion for how to fix it also provide a button that just does it.

Not sure this needs much more explanation.

Provide a solution that just works.

Call the button JFDI (Just ******* Do It)

An explanation of exactly what's wrong and how to fix it is FA use to me. By the time I've closed the error message I've forgotten what it said

BTW
    I DON'T AGREE TO YOU STORING ANY OF MY INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autosave has problems with large files. Maybe limited timed save (5min) would be an option?

We often use very large files. When editing on the web it seems to turn into save on every character. An option to save on a timed basis might be better, but to try to retain accuracy limit the delay to say 5 minutes max.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. your website is a trash!! ********, gave me a serious headache.

your website is a trash!! ********, gave me a serious headache.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Video Improvement

It would me good for teams video background to be fixed so that you dont have to choose it on every call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically open file in Excel desktop if the file is above 5MB

Simple enough. Excel online throws an error when the file is above 5MB in size, and doesn't give the user any other options. Effectively, the file is inaccessible to the user. If the file is above the Excel online limit, have the file open in Excel desktop instead.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. office 365 web query

Hi, office 365 has a big problem. All imported data are placed into a single cell. This is a huge problem because it isn't possible to create any web query. I have asked assistance to Microsoft team(by remote control) and they confirm the problem. Please resolve.Thank you in advance. Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base