Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. filter shortcut ALT DFF not working

filter shortcut ALT DFF not working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upon applying filter, online excel does not show number of rows selected.

Upon applying filter, online excel does not show number of rows selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel Online is not user friendly when removing table formatting.

There should be a fix for that rather than an error message. Example, a way to extend the current table or a way to remove the existing table formatting in order to create a new table.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move Data in tables to create gaps

I would like to be able to add information in between two sets of data. By dragging the information down. But the error says I cannot shift the cells down due to it interfering with the table. Can this be adjusted?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need to be able to select non-consecutive cells/ rows in Excel Online

Why would you not build this feature into Excel Online in the first place?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when looking at excel sheet online it times out too fast!

when looking at excel sheet online it times out too fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Removing Table formatted cells easier

Allow for removal of table formatting in sheets where the target table was copied to. When a table is copied from another sheet, "Clear Format" does not seem to remove the underlying formatting object. This makes it difficult to change the format area of the existing table, or clear out the color scheme and other table type encoding within the sheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quick pick filtering

Desktop excel has the unique set of values as a tickable list when you click the drop down on a table column. This is very useful, and a real timesave compared to using the "contains" etc options in the filter context menus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter

would like to add filter without having to convert to a table first

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make more mobile friendly. I cannot use the sort options on mobile.

I cannot access the sort feature on an Excel spreadsheet that was shared with me. The down arrows on the headers do not respond in Chrome, Brave, & Samsung browsers. Those are all I have on my phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Can't turn off the total row because formulas or names are referencing it"

When this error happens, you should tell the user where the references are so that they can remove them if they'd like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. show where merged cells are in spreadsheet

Highlight merged cells when data sort says some of the cells are merged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ideas panel is not there

The first one is online office. The second is of office offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move special values to the top of the selection list

In desktop Excel when I use Auto filters and press the down arrow on the right of a column header to see the list of possible values I can filter for, it lists all different values available in that column. If the value set contains blanks, or various errors, like #N/A, #VALUE, etc, all these appear at the bottom of the list.
    I find it useful to move such values to the top of the list so I do not have to scroll to the bottom of the list to see if there are errors. Thus the list would look…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. text box

dfgghjmmmn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base