Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Flow on Excel Online

I want to run Microsoft Flow on Excel Online.
    like add-in of Microsoft Flow for Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Hold" to the drop down options of Open & closed

Add "Hold" to the drop down options of Open & closed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Advanced sort

When will you guys be adding advance sort to Excel Online like you currently have in regular Excel? It is a very useful feature and there are many post relating to this issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Inverse of filter selection

I like the fact you can select multiple items in a filter, but sometimes I want to see one selection of items first, then see the remainder after. I'd like an "inverse filter" option to untick all the ticked items and tick all the blanks so I can view the remaining items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Tables to be deleted

Right now "the header and insert rows cannot be deleted" is the response you get when trying to delete tables. There seems to be no way of deleting them currently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Invert selection

When selecting filtering options, after pressing the down arrow on the right of the column header, a menu comes up with various filtering options and the list of values available in the column.
    Sometimes there are many values I can choose from, so selecting those few I need may take time. Often I want to see the opposite, I mean so far I looked at for those few selected, but now I want to have a look at all others. This requires that I invert the selection: everything that was selected so far should be unselected and everything that was…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Maintain filter preferences (sort order) by including all columns

As currently implemented, the 'Sort & Filter' (say: Sort Newest to Oldest) on a single column does not prompt the user to also sort the rest of the spreadsheet ('Expand the selection' to include all other adjacent columns) to maintain the integrity of the spreadsheet as the Excel for desktop application does.
    So data edited in Excel for the web can get easily corrupted (especially since changes are saved automatically without user input).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maintain filter preferences (sort order) by including all columns

As currently implemented, the 'Sort & Filter' (say: Sort Newest to Oldest) on a single column does not prompt the user to also sort the rest of the spreadsheet ('Expand the selection' to include all other adjacent columns) to maintain the integrity of the spreadsheet as the Excel for desktop application does.
    So data edited in Excel for the web can get easily corrupted (especially since changes are saved automatically without user input).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please Add, Ctrl+ and Ctrl- options to Add or delete the Row.

Please Add, Ctrl+ and Ctrl- options to Add or delete the Row. also filtering is also not that comfortable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notication to be added, "user should not sort the excelsheet"

In shared excel (web), please add a notication at top that, user should not sort the excel-sheet & it will affect others, who are working at same time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It is not taking daat more than 1000000

performance is low with more data

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ribbon Actions

It would be nice if there was a button on the ribbon, to easily move selected columns left and right.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel Online has no option to filter Data using Cell values. Ex: We cannot filter all the Cells of table which has value "Yes"

Excel Online has no option to filter Data using Cell values. Ex: We cannot filter all the Cells of table which has value "Yes".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow editing of the Legend series labels in the online sharepoint version of excel

Allow editing of the Legend series labels in the online sharepoint version of excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. data sort options

add sort option to sort by if name begins with the word a to z

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show total rows count at least when filters are active

Frequently I want to know how many rows (or columns on occasion) are in a sheet. It would be nice to have a running total visible somewhere on the screen. Especially when I'm applying or removing filters.

I've been in countless meetings where people are either counting rows by hand, scrolling endlessly, or copy pasting filtered rows into a temporary sheet just to get this information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable PivotChart for browser

Enable Pivot Chart for browser

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base