Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Filters

Excel Online is currently only able to filter one column in a table. It would be useful to be able to filter multiple columns when you have a big table and need to sort through data quickly. Please help.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please add filter option for exel

please add filter option for exel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sorting with merged cells

When attempting to sort and the error pops up that some of the cells are merged and it cannot sort, it would be super handy to know which cells or cell range contain the merged cells. Would you be able to make that happen? Google sheets can do this, which is where I got the idea.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. quick search sheet

I don' know if its exit or not but i recommend searching bar to quickly search any sheet. im now working on 28 sheet and it give me a hard time to search for it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You must have FILTER as an online option. Google has it. People won't use One Drive for editing docs if you don't

your online version of excel states

NOTE: In Excel Online, you can sort only a single column ascending (A to Z) or descending (Z to A); multi-column and custom sorting aren't supported yet

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Excel Online - Custom View

While its reasonable to expect users to create custom views locally, we absolutely need the ability to toggle between existing custom views in Excel Online!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. let me delete cells and shift up in a table

let me delete cells and shift up in a table

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Table Range Update

After adding new information to a current table from an exported spreadsheet, the new data will no longer sort. You have to open the file in Excel on the desktop and manually change the Table Range even though it is already selected the new data. Once this is done then you are able to sort the new data correctly. Please provide a way to mitigate this little glitch.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please assign &add option for to create drop down

In Normal excel we have the option to create drop down .
    But in live acc we are unable to create such drop downs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a limit of entries in filter option on the online version?

In the Excel online version, I noticed that when data exeeds 1000 entries, the filter shows a warning message "NOT ALL ITEMS SHOWING".
    May MS expand this limit

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Ability to Linear Fit

Microsoft moderators were talking about it back in 2017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/creating-a-trendline-in-excel-online/6b12c339-02e9-466b-86a0-a64e17754610

There should be no reason excel online is as limited as it is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Totals of a Sort Function

When I sort I would like to see the total count of all the records shown from the sort.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. At the moment I filter, it should show the quantity of cases that are the results of the filter.

As in the Full Version of Excel, at the moment you apply different filters, there should be a number in the bar that shows the quantity of the cases that comply with the specifications of the filter (s).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show total rows/columns count at least when filters are active

Frequently I want to know how many rows (or columns on occasion) are in a sheet. It would be nice to have a running total visible somewhere on the screen. Especially when I'm applying or removing filters.

I've been in countless meetings where people are either counting rows by hand, scrolling endlessly, or copy pasting filtered rows into a temporary sheet just to get this information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using filtert, the drop down menu does not show the possible selection in the column. The offline version has this capability

Filter in offline version automatically generate the option in the drop down menu. But the online version does not support it. Please add it!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Advanced Sorting of Sheets Within a Workbook

It would be very useful to sort the sheets of an Excel workbook according to chosen data within the sheets. For instance, if a workbook contained sheets with stats for a group of baseball players, it would be useful to arrange the sheets according to a particular statistic that is common to all sheets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base