Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to be able to get the format ribbon when a table is selected

When you select a table in regular Excel, a dynamic ribbon appears that gives you formatting options. In the online version of Excel, this does not appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have

I have added two or more word in cells. and i have applied data validation.but i can not able to show second word during search.

I have attached screen shot for review.....
    for example if i type centers or business instead of call, the full sentence should show.
    please provide needful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show total rows count at least when filters are active

Frequently I want to know how many rows (or columns on occasion) are in a sheet. It would be nice to have a running total visible somewhere on the screen. Especially when I'm applying or removing filters.

I've been in countless meetings where people are either counting rows by hand, scrolling endlessly, or copy pasting filtered rows into a temporary sheet just to get this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show total rows/columns count at least when filters are active

Frequently I want to know how many rows (or columns on occasion) are in a sheet. It would be nice to have a running total visible somewhere on the screen. Especially when I'm applying or removing filters.

I've been in countless meetings where people are either counting rows by hand, scrolling endlessly, or copy pasting filtered rows into a temporary sheet just to get this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Filters

Excel Online is currently only able to filter one column in a table. It would be useful to be able to filter multiple columns when you have a big table and need to sort through data quickly. Please help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Advanced filter options

Introducing advanced filters like in Outlook desktop version will be great.
    We have filters for subject, from, to, body, date, attachment filters in outlook.

It is a pain to search using keywords.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable PivotChart for browser

Enable Pivot Chart for browser

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is there any method to perform "filter and sort by colors" in a table?

Is there any method to perform "filter and sort by colors" in the following table?
    Actually, I have already waited for many years about the "sort and filter by colors" function. Why is there not any improvement about such basic function?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. filter shortcut ALT DFF not working

filter shortcut ALT DFF not working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel Online Insert Document Attachment

Need to be able to insert attachments to a cell in Excel, much like on the program Smartsheet. Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Upon applying filter, online excel does not show number of rows selected.

Upon applying filter, online excel does not show number of rows selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ctrl+click to select multiple cells on Excel Online

I can not select multiple cells on excel online by pressing CTRL and clicking on multimple cells.

This is a basic function that prevents people from using the online version.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. please add filter option for exel

please add filter option for exel

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel Online is not user friendly when removing table formatting.

There should be a fix for that rather than an error message. Example, a way to extend the current table or a way to remove the existing table formatting in order to create a new table.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need to be able to select non-consecutive cells/ rows in Excel Online

Why would you not build this feature into Excel Online in the first place?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. quick search sheet

I don' know if its exit or not but i recommend searching bar to quickly search any sheet. im now working on 28 sheet and it give me a hard time to search for it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Flow on Excel Online

I want to run Microsoft Flow on Excel Online.
    like add-in of Microsoft Flow for Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when looking at excel sheet online it times out too fast!

when looking at excel sheet online it times out too fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base