Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wondering how co-authoring works with groups in Excel

we have a group project that involves entering and editing about 30,000 rows x 8 columns of data in an excel sheet. I have been researching the co-authoring new function. Are there any limitations for mulitple users? We usually have around 3-5 people entering at the same time. Would this cause problems? we currently have gone away from Excel for this project and used Google Sheets. However, it does not seem very robust and there are frequent screen freezes and crashes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give me the opcion to clear content.

It would be easier to have the opcion when right clicking to clear content and to scroll to the left or right while shading for editing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the small resolution dialogs, like Text to Columns, Edit Links and more

Many dialogs are small and haven't changed since the days of 800x600 size displays. The Text to Columns dialog in particular only manages to show 5 lines and 63 columns using just ~450 * 80 pixels. I have a huge monitor. This is completely unnecesary. Other old dialogs can be resized, but still have default windows and column sizes appropriate for latter 1990s monitors.

Please fix this dialog and any others that are either not capable of resizing, or have inadecuate defaults.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 21 22 23 25 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base